Instructions & Guidelines
To make the process of creating add-ons easier for you, we’ve created a testing environment where you can test how your add-ons would work in Clockify.
To access the testing environment, follow these steps:
- Log in to your developer portal account
- Navigate to the Test accounts section and log in as one of the pre-made users
- You’ll be redirected to the Clockify test environment
- From there, go to Workspace settings and select Integrations
- In the Add-ons section (visible to admins only), add those you want to test in your environment
- Insert the link in the text box and click Install
Toast message will appear indicating a successful installation.
All added add-ons will be listed in a table.
- Icon (if available, if not – default image)
- Name (taken from manifest)
- Status (enabled/disabled)
- Short description (taken from manifest)
- More options (listed if there are any)
- Settings (Optional and defined in manifest. If they exist, you can click on the Settings, and the Add-on settings page will open.
There are two types of settings:
- Clockify settings – saved on our server and specified in manifest
- Settings – add-on settings that can be done by developers and displayed as an iFrame on this page)
- Enable/disable (Installed add-on is automatically enabled)
- Webhooks (opens a modal regarding add-on webhooks)
Modal that opens displays webhooks that are sent from Clockify to this add-on.
- Uninstall (disabled add-on and removes it from the list)